Torbay Skip Hire from Just £74!
Try the newest Skip hire company in Torbay
we wont let you down!
- All Sizes of Skips from 2t (1.5yd) to 12t (10yd)
- Only company in Torbay with 7t (5yd) skips
- Family run business dedicated to our clients satisfaction
- Commercial and Domestic clients welcomed
Torbay Skip Hire Sizes Available
|Red – 2T (1.5yd)||Yellow – 3T (2.5yd)||Pink – 4T (3yd)||Green – 6T (4.5yd)|
|Multicolour – 7T (5yd)||Orange – 8T (6yd)||Purple – 10T (8yd)||Blue – 12T (10yd)|
That Torbay has been inhabited since paleolithic times is shown by human bones and tools found in Kents Cavern in Torquay. A maxilla fragment known as Kents Cavern 4 may be the oldest example of a modern human in Europe, dating back to 37,000–40,000 years ago. Roman soldiers are known to have visited Torquay during the period when Britain was a part of the Roman Empire, leaving offerings at a curious rock formation in Kent’s Cavern, known as “The Face”.
Both Brixham and Paignton appear in the Domesday Book of 1086 and Paignton was given the status of a borough having a market and fair in 1294. The first major building in Torquay was Torre Abbey, a Premonstratensian monastery founded in 1196.
William Prince of Orange (afterwards King William III) landed in Brixham on 5 November 1688, during the Glorious Revolution, and issued his famous declaration “The Liberties of England and The Protestant Religion I Will Maintain”.
Torquay’s economy was, like Brixham’s, initially based on fishing and agriculture, but in the early 19th century it began to develop into a fashionable seaside resort, initially frequented by members of the Royal Navy during the Napoleonic Wars while the Royal Navy anchored in Torbay and later, as the town’s fame spread, by Victorian society.
The historic part of Paignton is inland: the low-lying coastal fringe was originally salt marsh. Kirkham House is a late medieval stone house which is open to the public at certain times of year, and the Coverdale Tower adjacent to Paignton Parish Church is named after Bishop Miles Coverdale, who published an English translation of the Bible in 1536. Paignton remained a small fishing village until the early 19th century; a new harbour was built here in 1837.
The second phase in the expansion of Torbay began when Torre railway station was opened in December 1848. The railway was extended to Paignton in 1859 and to Brixham in 1861. As a result of its expansion, Torquay was granted borough status in 1872, and 1902 saw its first marketing campaign to summer tourists.
Torbay hosted the sailing events for the 1948 Summer Olympics in London.
The County Borough of Torbay was created in 1968 by the amalgamation of the Municipal Borough of Torquay, Urban District of Paignton and Urban District of Brixham, also taking in parts of the civil parishes of Coffinswell and Kerswells from Newton Abbot Rural District and Churston Ferrers and Marldon from Totnes Rural District. The County Borough became the Borough of Torbay under local government reorganisation in 1974. It was made a unitary authority on 1 April 1998 making it responsible for its own affairs.
Information Regarding Torbay from Wikipedia